Friday, April 1, 2011

Five. Years. Old.

When I was at the beach the other day with the best friend, we were burying her sister-in-law and niece in the sand and making them mermaids. Naturally, I started singing Little Mermaid songs. My best friend proceeded to tell me I was five years old and all I could do was agree. I know I mentioned it before but I feel like it is an appropriate blog post idea. So, here we go.

The List (I know you're all surprised)...

I Love to Color. I know I mentioned this in previously but I couldn't leave it off this list. I love coloring books. I love markers, crayons and paint. Just fun. I doodle all the time. On anything and everything. In church today, I was actually coloring the inside of my Bible cover. That's a true story.

My DVD Collection. I have the DVD collection of a small child. I have tons of Disney movies, Pixar movies, and other kid's movies. I just love them. Recently I added Ramona and Beezus to my collection (soo cute. soo good.) Granted not all of my movies are for kids, but a lot of them? Oh yes. And I enjoy them. If you ever need a movie to show children, I'm your girl.

Disney Songs. I know them all. I love them all. I had a disney karaoke CD and I know all of the words to most of the songs. I own all of the Classic Disney CD's and I have them on my Ipod (and listen to them a lot.) There's nothing like driving down the road with the windows down, screaming A Whole New World at the top of your lungs. You know you want to... Just do it.

I like playing with five year olds better than with adults. I want to teach kindergarten. I teach 4 and 5 year olds at church. I'm always the counselor for the youngest girls at camp. I just get along better with them. Sometimes, I feel like I relate more to five year olds than to people of my own age. Now I don't know if that's necessarily a good thing or not but it's a true thing. I love children, they are just so excited about life and I feel happy when I'm around them.

I love children's books. My collection of children's books is kinda out of control. My excuse is that I'll be able to use them in my classroom today, which is true, but I honestly just love them. I loved reading when I was little and I still love to read (sometimes) but children's books are just so fun. My favorite's are McSpot's Hidden Spots, Agatha's Feather Bed, and Mrs. Gigglebelly is coming for tea. Fantastic books. I can quote almost half of McSpot's Hidden Spots and it is a long book. I also love Amelia Bedilia books cause they're just fun times.

Well, that's all I got for you today. I am already running out of blog ideas so unless you want me to start stealing ideas from Emily, you should give me some more.

5 comments:

  1. I think you should dedicate a blog post to mean things your brothers have done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I like it. It will happen :) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you should compile a list of songs that maybe I don't have and that I should download. Also, I think I need some pictures. Oh, and more Europe things. THANKS.

    Also, I love you. And while you do love things that 5 year olds love, we both know you're NOT 5 years old (bc we both know what it's like to be around people who act that way for REAL).

    I LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, I love this. I also love the idea of the things your brothers have done. I bet that'd be hilarious.

    ReplyDelete