Thursday, April 7, 2011

Simply. Happy.

Ever had days you just felt happy? That's today for me. I love the feeling of being happy. I love to smile and I love to laugh and I've done a lot of that lately.

I'm happy because I finally have a job... at least until May. I am all set to start substitute teaching. Hopefully, I will sub tomorrow so that next Friday, I will have at least some money to live off of. If I don't start subbing until next week, then I have to wait until the following Friday... No Fun. Plus, I have a dentist appointment Monday, so I already can't work then. Whatever happens though, I feel like it's a step in the right direction. Sure, I was happy with my job as a nanny but it made me that much more sure of what I really wanted to do with my life. I have always known I wanted to be a teacher, and though being a nanny was working with kids, it just wasn't the same. So, even though it isn't my own classroom, it's still a classroom and that makes me super happy.

I'm happy because it is beautiful outside. I am so in love with this weather. The high is in the upper 80's all week and it is perfect beach weather. My summer wardrobe is in full swing- shorts, tank tops, and flip flops- and I have moved my winter clothes to my other closet. I hate winter. I hate snow, I hate jackets, I hate close-toed shoes. I do like scarves, but that's about it. Now though, I'm driving with my windows down and my music up (most likely the Beach Boys), and just enjoying the sunshine. I like sunshine :)

I'm happy because I have the best friends in the entire world. Tuesday night, I got to hang out with Courtney. It was just fun. I love that girl and I enjoy every minute that we get to hang out together. Yesterday, I got to go to lunch with two of my other best friends, Stacia and Jess. We had sushi (AMEN) and we just got to talk and catch up. It was so much fun. After that, Shannon came over and I hung out with her and Stacia more. We just sat around talking for a few hours about anything and everything. I am so lucky to have those girls. We are so close and have such a strong bond, and I love when I get to hang out with them.

I'm happy because I'm playing tennis again. Sunday night, after church, my brothers, sister-in-law, and I went to play tennis. I completely forgot how much I loved it. We played until we got kicked out of the park at 10:00 and it was so incredibly fun. I can actually still return the ball, thought I lost that ability, and I can't wait to play again. Nathan busted his strings on his last serve so I'll have to wait for him to get his racquet restrung before we can play again, but I hope it's soon.

I'm so happy, that I made this post in rainbow colors :) I know I'm not happy all the time, but on days that I am truly happy, I try to take full advantage of it. I want to drive somewhere just to drive, I want to enjoy this beautiful weather with my beautiful friends and I want to wish happiness to everyone that is reading this :)

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you're so happy. I just wish I were there to go to the beach with you, enjoy the fabulous weather, and play tennis with you!! We shall definitely have to plan for tennis in our road trip adventure that has to happen soon. Okthanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you're happy! :) I'm going to need you to bottle up some of the beach and mail it to me. While you're at it, mail yourself to me too.

    ReplyDelete