Thursday, April 14, 2011

Who even am I?

Yesterday, I started something. Well, once I start something, it's pretty much all I can think about until I finish it. I started organizing my iTunes. Like hardcore organizing it. I had dumb genre names and stupid playlists from years ago, and bands that I either HATE or have never heard of. How they got into my iTunes library, I'm still not sure.

So, yesterday when I started I had 5,249 songs in my itunes. That may be a bit ridiculous, I'm not entirely sure. The first thing I did is take the songs/ artists that I knew I liked and tagged them with a new genre, one that made sense (at least in my head.) Some of these genre names include: Alymily, Old School, Ghetto, and Rockish. Those are absolutely real names of the genres I chose. If you don't know what Alymily songs are, then shame on you! But for real, my best friend, Emily, and I have our very own genre of music and it is beautiful. Old School would include things like Spice Girls and N Sync because let's be real, I have it all. Ghetto is an assortment of Rap, R&B, and other songs that I don't really know which one they are. Rockish is like soft rock, I guess. Anyways, so that's what I did. I changed all the genres of my music so I would understand (in my own world) what kind of music I was listening to.

Next, I deleted songs and artists that I know I hate. K-Bye to Creed, Dave Matthews Band, John Mayer, tons of country artists and several others (including tons of bands that scream at me). I'm ashamed I had you in the first place.

Finally, the songs I didn't know I listened to and decided if I liked them or not. Once upon a time when I was a freshman in college, I used limewire wayy too much. I just downloaded all kinds of songs. I had soundtracks to tons of movies, almost every song that played on One Tree Hill, and I would sit on itunes listening to people I thought I liked and then proceed to download every song they've ever come out with. It just wasn't pretty. at. all.

So, now here I am with an itunes library of 4,216 songs. While this may still seem like way too much music for one person to ever listen to in their entire life, at least I cut it down by over 1,000. I know, I know. You are wayy impressed.

Sorry I suck for not blogging lately :( My life has been too filled with trips to the beach and Dawson's Creek. But really, I have no excuse and I'll try to do better. Also, I apologize if you think this post is boring. My whole life is boring so there isn't much to blog about.

4 comments:

  1. "K-Bye to Creed, Dave Matthews Band, John Mayer, tons of country artists and several others "

    This is exactly why we are best friends. If I had to pick 3 bands/artists that I hate the most, it would probably be these three. So awesome.

    And Alymily is pure greatness. We could market that junk on iTunes and people wouldn't even be able to contain their excitement.

    Also, I'm jealous of your beach-filled, Dawson's Creek days. I hope you kept "I Don't Wanna Wait" in your iTunes library. Okthanks.

    I miss you way too much. True.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Could you organize mine next? Oh I think there may be well over 8,000 songs in there!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Umm Jason... Colt Ford has never been ANYWHERE CLOSE to my itunes account. Nor will he ever be. Absolutely disgusting.

    ReplyDelete