Tuesday, March 29, 2011

My living quarters

I love my room. That is probably extremely weird but it is the only thing that is truly, completely, 100% me. Yes, I still live with my parents but I have my own house. I have to walk outside to get to their house so it really is a pretty good deal. I get my privacy without paying rent. It's a REALLY good deal when you don't have a job.

I'm sure everyone has things that they love about their own bedroom, but because it's my blog and I can, I'm going to share things (with pictures) that are my absolute favorite parts of my living space.

My Beatles Paraphernalia.



I am so in love with the Beatles, it's unhealthy. I feel like if you do not know this fact about me, we aren't really friends and you no longer exist to me. Moving on. I am just so fascinated by them.. Their life stories, their songs, the stories behind their songs... all of it. I have LOTS of Beatles stuff and I love it all. I have posters, quotes, books, even glasses that have the Beatles, and they are probably my absolute favorite part of my room.


My Europe shrine.


That's right, I have a shrine. My biggest regret from Europe is not getting more souvenirs. I want a beer stein from Germany, wooden shoes from Holland, and a $3,000 cuckoo clock from Switzerland (maybe not so much on the clock). I didn't buy enough. Probably, because I was running low on the cash flow (living in a foreign country isn't exactly cheap) but I just wish I could go back and buy more. But what I do have, which is pictures, a few souvenirs, and my passport full of stamps, is proudly displayed for anyone who goes in my room to see. And I love that I got the opportunity to go to Europe so I could build a shrine.


My Map.



This kinda goes along with Europe, but not really. My map has tacks in all the places I have been. When I look at it, I simply feel blessed. I feel blessed to have visited Washington D.C. last summer with my family, I feel blessed that I got to go on a cruise to Mexico with two of my absolute best friends, I feel blessed to have been able to visit my favorite U.S. City (New York) twice, and I feel blessed to have been given the opportunity to live in Europe for three months with people who started out as strangers and now are some of my best friends and favorite people in the entire world. It may look like my map doesn't have many tacks on it, but I'm only 22. This summer, I will hopefully be adding Nicaragua and who knows beyond that. I love to travel. I'm obsessed with seeing the most beautiful places. Perhaps another day, I will write about my wish list of places to see. That will definitely be a long blog post.


My Turtle.


His name is Amadeus and he is awesome! I've wanted a turtle for a long time and I finally got one for Christmas last year. He eats a lot and he poops a lot but he makes me incredibly happy and I can sit on my floor and watch him for a very long time. (I am well aware that I have no life. You do not have to remind me.)



My Book Nook.


I have recently fallen in love with books. I just got done reading the latest Nicholas Sparks, Safe Haven (highly recommend- LOVE HIM) and since I have read all of his to date, I had to find a new author. Her name is Cecelia Ahern and she is wonderful. Her first novel was P.S. I Love You and she has several more out. I figured since the movie was incredible, so was she... and I was right. Go out and find one, read it, and love it. I have a whole list of books I plan on reading. Next up is the Harry Potter series. I am finally caving. I want to be a Harry Potter nerd. There, I said it. I figured if soo many people are obsessed with it, then there must be something wonderful about it, right? Anyways, I love my little place to read. This is also the very site where I composed this blog. I know, you're impressed.

My DVD Collection.


All 143 of them, not including seasons of TV shows. They are in alphabetical order (OCD) and I have a list of them on my computer in case someone borrows one and forgets to give it back. I love my movies though, and I watch them a lot. Right now I'm more into TV shows but I love to sit down and watch a movie. You will find pretty much any genre, except scary ones (gag me!) and I just love them. I think after I'm done writing, I will go watch a movie :)

My Monkey Breath.


DO NOT JUDGE HIM. He can't help that he is ugly. Do not call him Reggie or whatever Emily used to call him (RUDE) and do not call him Banana Butt. His name is Monkey Breath and he is my friend. He has also traveled the world with me (Yes, I took him to Europe. No, I am not ashamed) I've had him since I was in elementary school and he was a gift from my Grans, she bought him at Universal Studios after I rode King Kong for the first time. I think he's beautiful



My "cool hats and other random things" Collection.


I have my guitar and maraca from Mexico, my cheese head from Wisconsin, my Statue of Liberty crown from New York, my red wig from homecoming senior year, my 2009 glasses and New Years hat from New York, my mickey ears from Disney World, the moose my mom got me from Alaska, and my mortarboards from both High School and College. Just fun times. I like it. You don't have to. This proves, once again, that I love to travel.


This blog is probably more interesting to me than all of you readers put together, but no worries... I don't care. I like my room. I like the things in my room. And I just wanted to share my room with you today.

Peace Out :)

8 comments:

  1. um escuse me, elementary teacher, under the book nook.. did you "fell" in love with books? or have you "fallen" in love with books?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I seriously just sat here and laughed out loud. The first time I laughed out loud was about the clock from Switzerland. Yes, we should have both gotten them, and yes, we should have carried them around London and Scotland and Ireland, and possibly even hired secret service men to guard them with their lives. Also, I laughed out loud about your precious little monkey breath. Just funny.

    I am in LOVE with your blog and you should have started it way sooner. You're wonderful, and I love every single thing about you. Your Europe shrine is incredible. I definitely want to do that map thing, for real.

    I love you so much!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And Katelyn, I literally cringed when I read that but since I already told her I wouldn't make fun, I didn't =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha. Emily, I'm glad you're keeping your word. Katelyn- same rule now applies to you. I have never claimed to be an English major, so you are not allowed to correct my grammar either. I know it sucks, deal with it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hahahaha but that one was just simple! Emily- I did cringe a tiny bit oops.. and I'm not an English major either!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your living quarters... and your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad you're caving in and going to read Harry Potter! We can be friends! I remember when your mom bought 1 copy of one of the books and you and Nathan fought over who got to read it first. I don't think either of you got very far in it. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love this!! it makes me miss spring break!

    ReplyDelete